Friday, September 25, 2009

No Audio Device Is Installed Ibm T60

Carrot Cake (Carrot Cake)

This cake Anglo-Saxon, tasteful spices, always surprises people at first who have never tasted. The Carrot Cake never leaves people indifferent: you either love or hate. Personally I love it. This cake is much better than Starbucks. Well, actually I must say that I have never tasted home, but I'm sure it is very good.

A little history

He was born in the Middle Ages, when started using carrots in cakes. The sweets are very expensive, they were then replaced by the carrot known as a vegetable very sweet and mostly accessible. Food rationing during World War II in England, then restored to its popularity in Carrotcake. This one has also widespread in the United States, where he soon became one the 60 common foods available in all cafeterias and restaurants.

Ingredients:
To pan 24cm x 6cm loaf

T80 250 g of flour (or wheat flour classical)
50 gd'amandes powder
150 g brown sugar
3 eggs
100 ml sunflower oil
1 tsp to c. vanilla extract
1 / 2 c. to c. nutmeg
1 tsp to c. cinnamon
½ c. at. c. ground cloves
1 tsp to c. baking soda
1 pinch of salt
300 g grated carrots

Topping:

100g icing sugar
juice 1 / 2 lemon

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 180 ° C / gas mark 6. Butter and flour the cake tin. In a large bowl mix flour, ammandes powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl whisk the egg yolks with the brown sugar, add oil, vanilla and spices.
Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
Add grated carrots to the batter, beat up to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Stir in egg white and gently mix the preparation with a spatula.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake for about 40-50 minutes at 180 ° C (the slide of a knife should come out dry).

Topping:

Work the sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
Spread the icing on the cake (cold) and place in refrigerator for one hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment